Here’s a meme and a half, courtesy of Solnushka at “Verbosity leads to unclear inarticulate things”.
1. List the last ten people who have commented on your blog
2. If you’re on my list then you should do the meme on your blog too [if you would like to – I’m wary of anything that smacks of creating obligations AB]
- Reed at Out of Ideas
- Healing Magic Hands at The Havens
- Creig Buchannah
- Hairy Farmer Family at The Hairy Farmer Family
- Son of Roj Blake
- Omega Mum at Three kids no job
- Anticant at Anticant’s Arena
Now for the questions:
1: What is your favourite post from number 3’s blog? (Kelli)
Kelli doesn’t blog, which is a shame. She’d post grounded and well-informed posts about whatever her project was at the time – currently motherhood, which has occasionally been difficult, and pregnancy.
2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you? (Anticant)
Not that I am aware of, but I’m charmed by the portrait of him as a mouse elegantly ensconced in a wing chair wearing a paisley silk dressing gown with a smoking hat and pince nez, reading a book.
3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog? (Alfster)
Alas, Alfster is another of my visitors who does not blog.
4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from? (Healing Magic Hands)
She’s in “A medium size town in Missouri” and – if she will forgive me for saying so – she’s from somewhat left of the field, having a labyrinth and a river and a great openness and warmth for people.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be? (Son of Roj Blake)
Ooooh. It’s tempting to say “Don’t be a stranger”. He’s always ignored my advice in the past and I’m not aware that he needs any now. On the other hand it’s also tempting to say “take Jesus into your heart as a friend” simply to see the steam come out of his ears.
6. Have you ever tried something from number 9’s blog? (Omega Mum)
Nn…no. Her blog is more of an Awful Warning than a source of useful Hints and Tips. The Awful Warning that springs to mind at the moment is don’t go cycling commando.
7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you? (Reed)
Her use of language. Her sense of humour. The letters after her name. Her sheer bloody bravery under fire. Yes. Here, for fun, is a post from last year about the crack in the floor at the Tate.
8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog? (Creig Buchannah)
Never at all. His post was spam. However I dislike revisionism so I tend to simply remove the links and leave the comments. Besides which there was something about the combination of literacy, unfamiliarity with the language leaps of illogic and non-sequiteurs that appealed to me.
9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly? (Paul)
Paul drifted in, didn’t leave a link, and drifted out again. I don’t know him from Adam. Or Eve. Or Kissmequick.
10. How did number 5’s blog change your life? (Hairy Farmer Family)
Um. I don’t think any blog has done that. She’s given me insights into motherhood and rural life, some of which I’d rather not have had…
11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person?
I’ve met Reed on several occasions, and adored her every time. I danced at Kelli’s wedding. Alfster and the Son of Roj Blake weeded my allotment in exchange for a round or two of allotment golf. And Verbosity, too, I know, not to mention the Star who I met while he was still a bump. So yes.
12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person?
Alfster and the Son of Roj Blake go way back. Two bodies, one mind. Reed and Verbosity I know are close and dear friends in real life as well as on the internets. Reed has met the Hairy Farmer Family, to my enduring envy. Kelli knows Reed, Verbosity, and the Son of Roj Blake, but probably not Alfster.
Look, shall I draw you a diagram?
13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently?
Oh, I’m not sure. None of them enough for me.
14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing?
All of them. And crying too.
15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)?
PS – Interesting that the meme assumes that all commentators are bloggers. And interesting that so many of mine are not.