The chap in the badge on the right is my husband. Don’t worry, he’s fine. He’s researching strokes and dementia; if you stand still long enough near a research MRI scanner you’ll be cajoled into lying still in it while the radiographers calibrate some particular sequence of scanning.
So of course I got hold of the scan and of course I got those nice folks at Zazzle to make it into a badge.
What’s been fascinating is the range of reactions I get when I tell people what it is.
- Colleague – female – late 20s – “Euch – no, sorry, that’s gross”
- Artist – male – mid 20s – “Do you have a larger copy of the image?”
- Career counsellor – female – early 50s – “… how… interesting … “
- Accountant – female – early 30s – “But why can’t you see his teeth?”
- Neuroscientist – male – late 20s – “Where did you get the badge made?”
- Cousin – female – early 70s – “Hmmm. Why did you do that?”
Me, I think it’s cool. And at least I didn’t get it made up into a t-shirt.