This weekend I have
- a load of scatter cushions,
- some crystals,
- a bunch of half-burned candles,
- miles and miles of voile,
- Offloaded an assortment of unwanted “gifts” onto a charity stall organiser, including:
- a photo-album covered in varnished leaves
- a set of vanilla scented candles and
- a thing you put in a frying pan and break two eggs into so that you can serve up fried eggs in the shape of a willy – tres droll
- Signed-up as a reseller on Amazon Market Place and made my first sale from the stack of books 18″ high which I have listed there for reselling
- Decided that 35 quid is too much to pay to clean and scotchguard a suede handbag that I bought for a fiver even though it was a glorious shocking pink; I am going to take it to the tip – eco-terrorist that I am
- Bought a table for my TV, video recorder and DVD player and moved them from the cardboard box they were sitting on
This has been brought about by the sudden arrival of a sofa-bed.
Unfortunately I don’t live in a Tardis: my previous domicile was on a larger scale than this one with furniture and bookshelves to match. When I moved in I had to recycle my previous sofas and I’ve been making do with an enormously high day bed ever since. Overnight guests needed oxygen cylinders and crampons. It was ok pro tem, but that was 18 months ago and this is now. Dismantling the daybed uncovered boxes of stuff – hence the need to unload.
I’ve still got more boxes than I’d like in my living room, but at least we are down to essentials like books.