Dr Z, bless his scrubs and stethescope, has tagged me to reveal 8 random things about myself.
I guess these have to be eight random things not already revealed here.
- I cannot raise one eyebrow – it’s either both or none. I mind this. My natural sarcasm is hampered by not being able to stare at someone, meet their gaze, and raise one eyebrow.
- On the other hand, I can touch type at a reasonable speed, 60ish words per minute, which means that I can stare at someone, meet their gaze, and continue typing. Most people find this unnerving after about 20 seconds.
- I stopped studying any kind of science when I was 12 or 13. Despite this, I got B+ on an online quiz: “how well would you do at 8th grade science” so it seems I haven’t forgotten the little I did learn. I do think my parents were mad to make me specialise in arts / humanities at such an early age though.
- I can’t bake sponge cakes but I can make really good shortcrust pastry, though its been a few years since I’ve bothered.
- I can only speak one language; yet another flaw in my education, though I was so lazy at school that I was never going to learn to speak another language there.
- I like total solar eclipses and have been in the umbral path of two though so, unfortunately, have the clouds.
- I like road-trips but don’t do enough of them.
- I scare trains; if I buy a ticket, the train will cower shivering further up the line and arrive reluctant and late at the station where I want to catch it.
I’m not tagging anyone else because everyone I was going to tag has already been taken, and I am far too much of a wuss at the moment.